Data regulations are changing, but we’re just as committed to treating your details responsibly.
As a member of PEOPIL, we naturally need to store some of your information. Things like what your special legal fields are, the PEOPIL events and services you use like and membership of the PEOPIL EEGs (special interest groups). We use this information to keep you connected to the PEOPIL network and manage your account PEOPIL wants you to know that we take privacy very seriously and we promise to always manage your data securely and responsibly.
Data Protection Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice sets out PEOPIL’s commitment to you in respect of how we handle your personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to all of our dealings with you. You can be sure that your personal information will be used and protected in accordance with this Notice.
Your personal information is being processed, with your explicit consent, by Dr. Wolfgang Resch as CEO of PEOPIL, in his capacity as Data Controller, for the purpose of marketing the services and events being offered by PEOPIL and also for the purposes of managing the organisation and its members. (L 119/40 EN Official Journal of the European Union 4.5.2016 )
Your information will not be shared with anyone else, unless there is a legal requirement to do so.
Your information will not be processed outside of the EU/EEA.
The personal information we collect about you is restricted to only that personal information provided by you to us when you joined PEOPIL in order to make sure you fulfil the criteria for being able to join PEOPIL as set out in this constitution.
We do not collect sensitive personal information
We do not collect sensitive personal information, about you, but if there was a need to process such sensitive personal information, we would seek your explicit consent to collect this information before any processing takes place.
Sensitive Personal Information includes:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions,
- Religious or philosophical beliefs,
- Trade union membership,
- Genetic data,
- Biometric data,
- Data concerning health or
- Data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Your information will be retained by PEOPIL for only as long as this is necessary but no longer than three years after your membership has terminated.
You may withdraw your consent at any time.
Your rights regarding the use of your information are:
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal information;
- To have your personal information corrected if it’s inaccurate and to have incomplete information completed;
- The right to object to our processing of your personal information;
- The right to restrict our processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information erased;
- The right to request access to your personal information and information about how it is used;
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information;
- The right to be informed of any automated decision making including profiling; and
- The right to complain to the Information Commissioner.